Armchair Hockey League 3.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dutchies
Dutchies

New Managers - Pre-Season Trading Empty New Managers - Pre-Season Trading

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Since our two "new" managers are seasoned vets, the proposal is as follows:

New Managers can start trading prior to the season to help build up their teams prior to the draft.

Rules:
- There are no straight money for money trades
- Any player traded for by the new team must be on the teams roster come the draft
- Players acquired by the new teams prior to the draft cannot be traded back to the team that traded them during the next season - this is to ensure there are no "parking of players" through the draft giving teams an unfair advantage
- all trades made prior to the season between "new" managers and current managers will be reviewed by the Commish

Please vote yes or no
Yes - in favour of
No - opposed
Dutchies
Dutchies

New Managers - Pre-Season Trading Empty Re: New Managers - Pre-Season Trading

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:41 pm
Yes
Hackers
Hackers

Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:51 pm
No.

It’s not fair to managers who have already made trades based on the existing new manager rule.

Also this rule proposal would take effect in the current season - when the hell did we start changing rules in the middle of a season

And lastly any rule proposal that takes effect immeadiately would require a 100% yes vote.
Dutchies
Dutchies

Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:15 pm
Hackers wrote:No.

It’s not fair to managers who have already made trades based on the existing new manager rule.

Also this rule proposal would take effect in the current season - when the hell did we start changing rules in the middle of a season

And lastly any rule proposal that takes effect immeadiately would require a 100% yes vote.

I believe we moved all voting to majority rules when we dropped to 10 teams.
Oles
Oles

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:09 pm
No to both
Hart Foundation

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:31 pm
No
Oles
Oles

Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:06 pm
I vote no to allowing the new people to trade

I vote no to a pre draft for the new people

Ole
Hackers
Hackers

Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:03 am
Dutchies wrote:
Hackers wrote:No.

I believe we moved all voting to majority rules when we dropped to 10 teams.

I was quoting the league rules posted on the web site:

12 - GENERAL

12.1 - All rule changes voted upon and take effect the following year and no rule may ever be changed in the middle of a year unless there is a 100% agreement (includes neutral votes) to change and/or revise. Any rules errors, omissions or ambiguities, the “spirit” of the rule, only requires a board of governor’s agreement to correct and may occur at any point in the season as needed.

12.11 Effective the 2018/19 season all league rules proposal discussions will officially be held during the month of July and voted on during the month of August. Rule proposals may still be posted at any time of the year.

12.2 - All rule changes and votes to be recorded by the trusty scribe and published

This proposal should change rule 13.8, the new managers in an expansion get $60 and a blank roster. No transactions prior to the draft are allowed….

The whole point of the unanimous vote on current season rules is to prevent people from proposing and passing a rule that positively effects some manages and negatively effects others - like this one does. If you wanted to allow them to trade you should have said that when we agreed to expand not after several trades have been made based on the existing rules.
Sting

Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:31 pm
yes
WitchDoctors
WitchDoctors

Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:05 pm
I was in favor of this rule , but I am going to vote NO now.
Looking back I think we should have introduced this rule with the others we did earlier

I think this rule was intended to help the new teams as I’m sure it’s painful
Drafting a full roster of 25 players with $60

But managers made trades assuming $120 was going to the draft ( 2sets of $60)
And some trades were made they probably wouldn’t have made had they known this.

V Bombers
V Bombers

Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 pm
i vote no fpr this season

but could vote yes for this rule to be changed going forward, agree that this would unfairly affect the teams going for it this year who have been planning accordingly (the new teams drafting full squads)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum